To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Saturday, March 23, 2013

stealing.......plain and simple

The following is the text of an email submitted to the Olympian publisher:

George:

I hope all is going well with you.  Unfortunately, I’m not real happy with a business transaction with The Olympian.

I engaged in conversation with your circulation solicitor in Fred Meyer.  He encouraged me to “give it a try for a month”, and so I did.

While balancing my checking account, I noted that there were two drafts from my account, as opposed to one and closer examination of the receipt says I agreed to three months minimum (which I was told didn’t mean anything but was to keep people from taking advantage of the $5 gift card and negating the subscription.

Here is what I’ll do.  I’ll deliver the Fred Meyer gift card to The Olympian office and accept a cash return for $25.90, ($12.95 times two) and forget the digital subscription, which I have not yet enjoyed.

Please contact me, or have a local staff member contact me to make arrangements for this transaction.

Attached is a scan of the receipt give to me by your solicitor.

Needless to say, the email was ignored.

I guess McClatchy profits are down and they need the money.  Oh well....I probably wouldn't have gotten my money's worth anyway......

1 comment:

Anonymous98507 said...

I also have a beef with the McClatchy products. Did you see that 72 page "Brainteaser" insert in March 21st's Trib and Olympian? Did you realize that was a "premium" inclusion that you were charged an additional $1.50 for and that you cannot opt out of it even if you have no use for it? Talk about needing the money! It's "only" an additional $10.50 a year for the 7 "premiums", which isn't going to break me, but that $10.50 means a lot to my neighbor, and she's going to have to cancel the paper (she subs to the Zero). All of her monthly budget is committed except for her grocery money, so that's where that extra money would have to come from! Naturally she'd rather eat than read the Zero-- I wonder how many other people in the area are having to make that decision?