To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Friday, August 12, 2011

To pee or not to pee (or "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT")

.............................
A sample of the right-wing messages that make the e-mail rounds:
.............................
I have a job. I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check since I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!

Something has to change in this country - AND SOON!

P.S. Just a thought-- all politicians should have to pass a urine test too!
.............................

3 comments:

LostOnAnIsland said...

Did anybody else hear that? It's the sound of that idea being torn from the pages of Mein Kampf and by people that are supposed to hold freedom so near and dear. Alright maybe Hitler didn't come up with that one between amphetamine injections and shots of opium cough syrup but it does have that same feel to it.
Just how much would it cost to piss test everyone on government assistance and at a frequent enough basis to catch enough people to save the money spent on the pee tests in the first place. There are kits out there to beat these tests anyways. What about people on methadone or prescription medications?
Let's just say for the sake of argument everything goes just smashing. Everyone is pissed tested. There were enough who failed to save money for our government so they can all get raises or build some more bombs or waste on some pet project researching beaver dung to figure out it's fiber content or whatever brand of stupid shit they got going on. Let's just say all the people that failed are now fucked in the game of life. Some will beg in the streets. Some with sponge off of family and friends. Some will steal from stores or break into homes or do some identity theft or steal copper wire out of street light poles or what have you. Either way there will be a vacuum that needs filling and society will have to pay it to do so by hook or by crook. So what will it be? Do we make everyone go pee for a check or let them get high and/or drunk till they run out of public assistance or get a job as a drug counselor or a state worker? It sucks either way but I think I'll just tear a page out of Lennon's handbook and say let it be.

LostOnAnIsland said...

.....and I'm sure John came up with that between joints and a hit or two of LSD.

Anon_the_Great said...

In the immortal words of Mojo Nixon

I'll piss in a cup
when Nancy Reagan drinks it up.