To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rubio needs to step up and make an honest statement about pot instead of waffling about it

...................................................................................................................................................................
Has he smoked pot? Sen. Rubio won’t say
By Joel Connelly, February 10, 2014

He is associated with the Tea Party, but Florida’s Republican Sen. Marco Rubio is reticent when asked about another green leafy substance.

Rubio dodged the have-you-smoked-marijuana question at an education forum in Miami, the Associated Press reported.

“If I tell you I haven’t, you wouldn’t believe me, and if I tell you that I did, then kids will look up to me and say, ‘Well, I can smoke marijuana because look at how he made it’,”  said Rubio, a probable 2016 presidential candidate.

Rubio is a foe of legalizing recreational use of cannabis.  He has dodged and weaved on the issue of medical marijuana.

If petitions survive a legal challenge, the Sunshine State is likely to vote this November on legalizing medical marijuana.

Given their party’s aging, white base, Republicans on the national stage are notoriously skittish about the have-you-smoked question.

One exception was then-New Jersey Gov. Christine Todd Whitman, who said:  “I tuned in, I turned on and I threw up.”
...................................................................................................................................................................

No comments: