To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Thursday, November 15, 2012

FOX lies (as if we didn't already know)

Today, I was visiting two older ladies, assisting them with a relocation.  They are both widowed and have been sharing a home for the past year.

While working with one of them, the roomate came into the room and announced that the trailer on FOX News said that the stock market was down 20% since Obama was elected and was worried if their money would last them.

As my business has nothing to do with investments, I stayed out of the conversation, but did a little math when I got back to my office.

DOW on November 6th - 13,245

DOW close today - 12,542

Difference?  5.3%

Meanwhile there are a couple of older ladies who share a home to save money that think Obama's election made their money go away to the tune of 20%.

I hope Roger and his staff are proud of themselves.

Horse's Ass of the Day, Rog.....you deserve it.

1 comment:

Anonymous98507 said...

Hmmmmmm, you have more forbearance than I have. I would have at least said that they should check the stock listings in a newspaper or on another TV network. Believing what Fox says in total nonsense!