To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Friday, May 13, 2016

Wow, #Lyin'Donald, your poll numbers went up a whole 7 points. Your "humanity" quotient went down to zero, though.

...................................................................................................................................................................
Trump says he doesn't regret insulting John McCain's war record because it made his poll numbers go up
By Becca Stanek, May 11, 2016

If he could go back to last summer when he chastised Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for being captured in the Vietnam War, Donald Trump says he wouldn't change a thing. "I don't, you know — I like not to regret anything," Trump said Wednesday on the Imus in the Morning radio show. Last July, Trump mocked McCain's military record, suggesting that the senator was only a hero because he was a prisoner of war. "I like people who weren't captured," Trump said at the time.

Despite the tremendous backlash Trump received for the comments, he contends that his unpresidential remark didn't hurt him, and in fact actually helped him. "You do things and you say things," Trump said. "And what I said, frankly, is what I said. And some people like what I said, if you want to know the truth. There are many people that like what I said. You know, after I said that, my poll numbers went up seven points."
...................................................................................................................................................................

No comments: