To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Friday, March 5, 2010

Still waiting Sondrak

So I took her up on her assertion that she is open to all political views on her blog. Now I respect her right to moderate her blog but I want to put her commitment to free speech to the test. The following is the extent of our exchange so far.

SondraK nunya wrote:
Dear A. Smith,
Tell us a little about yourself and why you feel you'd be an asset to and why you are interested in our growing blog community!
I await your reply in earnest,
SondraK
You asked me for a few words about myself. Here goes.

I’m a 47 year old single straight white man who spent his formative years and the balance of his adult life in and around Olympia Washington. I am an elected Precinct Committee officer with the Thurston County Democrats but my politics are to the left of my Party.

I believe wise government is the only thing that stands between freedom and the barbarism of unrestrained Capitalism and the in fact it is liberalism in the 19th century understanding of the term that has repeatedly saved the Free Market from collapsing from its inherit contradictions.

I believe our rights as enumerated in the Constitution do not end at the workplace.

I believe consenting adults should be free to do as they please with the caveat of do no harm, from whom they choose to marry, what they ingest or how they make a living.

I believe the 2nd amendment is in fact about state militias but in our modern world I support the right of a law abiding individual to lawfully possess handguns, shot guns and rifles.

In short my politics are the kind that Glenn Beck thinks should be eradicated.

My reasons for requesting posting privileges on your site are two fold. One, I am testing your commitment to tolerance of different perspectives. Two, I think all of us would benefit from stepping outside our respective noise machines.

Truth is I find your site repulsive and read it less than weekly but once in a blue moon I find something of interest on it. I make this application not thinking I'll change anyone's mind nor to pick fights: I only would like the opportunity to offer up dissenting opinions on your site.


Respectfully A. Smith
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting Mrs. K although I'm not holding my breath.

11 comments:

sparkle said...

A very forthright discription of reasons to join her blog. I am glad you are not holding your breath, I'd hate to see you turn blue! I doubt she has it in her to "allow" you to post, since freedom of speech is subjective in their world, who knows though, the challenge is out there. Please keep us posted, as I won't be visiting her blog to find out!

xyzzy said...

Remember the movie the "Blues Brothers"? They bar played both kinds of music - Country and Western?

SondraK welcomes all kinds of political perspectives in that same way - Right, Far Right, Even Further Right.

xyzzy said...

Oops, I left out the political position of her typical blog member:
Freakin' Wacko

Anonymous98507 said...

I agree with sparkle-- I can't see the Head Klown letting you join the party.

xyzzy, don't forget Down RIGHT Stupid!

Kardnos said...

.....you da man!!!

It's one thing to openly admit that a blog is closed to subscribers only, as is ThurstonBlog. But to stipulate that you welcome dissenting voice and then shut people out...well....only SondraK can do that

I would allow Conservative voices, but those that come here strictly for harassment purposes have already seen the door and my footprint on their collective asses.

sparkle said...

I actually believe that there are some amongst the conservative bend that could lead to a positive dialogue of opposing views and would love to see their additions to his blog, however I am with Larry, they have not shown themselves as of late.

Anon_the_Great said...

My weakness is I want to believe she is not just a psychopath, just a snarky conservative. I guess my motivation is to prove myself wrong.

Anonymous98507 said...

Still being ignored, AtG?

sidrat38 said...

Anon_the_Great said...
My weakness is I want to believe she is not just a psychopath, just a snarky conservative. I guess my motivation is to prove myself wrong.
----------------
Don't hold your breath, AtG..

After witnessing Sondra in action over the past few years, she is the very definition of a psychopathic, narcissistic personality disorder...

Best thing you can do is ignore her

Anon_the_Great said...

Still Waiting.........

Anon_the_Great said...

Still waiting...