To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Some people just can't leave well enough alone

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Justice Thomas' wife tries to contact Anita Hill


The wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas called Anita Hill to ask her to apologize for accusing the justice of sexually harassing her, 19 years after Thomas' confirmation hearing spawned a national debate about harassment in the workplace.

Virginia Thomas said in a statement Tuesday that she was "extending an olive branch" to Hill, now a Brandeis University professor, in a voicemail message left over the weekend.

In a transcript of the message provided by ABC News, which said it listened to the recording, Thomas identified herself and then said, "I just wanted to reach across the airwaves and the years and ask you to consider something. I would love you to consider an apology sometime and some full explanation of why you did what you did with my husband. So give it some thought and certainly pray about this and come to understand why you did what you did. OK, have a good day," Thomas said.

When Hill heard the voicemail, she contacted Brandeis' public safety office, which in turn informed the FBI.

"I certainly thought the call was inappropriate," Hill, who worked for Clarence Thomas in two federal government jobs, said in a statement released Tuesday night.

"I have no intention of apologizing because I testified truthfully about my experience and I stand by that testimony," she added.

In her statement, Virginia Thomas said she did not intend to offend Hill.
[snipped]

4 comments:

Kardnos said...

Thanks for covering this, 98507.

I read it on Comcast and was so taken back, I didn't know what to think.

Someone is suffering from a guilt complex almost 20 years old. I'll guarantee you, if I was inappropriate with a woman, my wife would be the first one to detect it.

Anon_the_Great said...

Someone was drunk dialing. Notice Mrs. Thomas called Ms. Hill's office at 7:30 on a Saturday the morning.

Anon_the_Great said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kardnos said...

Anon's comment posted twice.

I don't want Tetra to have an orgasm thinking that I deleted a comment.