To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stupid quote of recent days

 “But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they’re identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.”


Yeah, Juan.  The guys that you want to be afraid of are the ones that try to look obviously like Muslims and don't try to blend in with the crowd.  Watch out for the guys with the black hats and curls on the side of their heads when you go to a Bar Mitzvah, also.  Oh......and don't travel with nuns.

Did you, by chance, work in Intelligence during the Bush Administration?

By the way, for you Constitutional Lawyers without a degree, this is not a First Amendment issue.  An employer has the right to fire you for not representing them in a manner which they are comfortable.

2 comments:

Anon_the_Great said...

When like Mr. Williams one starts the conversation with "I'm not a bigot but..." at least what is about to come out of their mouth is bigoted.

What Mr. Williams said was hateful, terrified bigotry and his defense of his bullshit does not pass the sniff test. Just try and say "when I get on a bus as see a black man I get nervous."

Kardnos said...

Could you imagine how Williams would feel if a white female clutched her purse a little tighter because she and he were the only two on an elevator?

FOX now has a new subject to talk about and the TEApublicans are talking defunding of NPR, even though they didn't care about the funding before Juan got canned.

You have to love their consistancy. I'm sure glad they all defended Helen Thomas's position.