To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Monday, January 17, 2011

The People's Business

When Congress returns to work this week it faces a daunting work load, beginning with the ill-advised attempt to repeal the Health Care Bill. As members of Congress undertake the work of the people, I hope they will remember one of their own who is, at least temporarily, not with them.

If I could, I would have each member of Congress; each member of the Senate; every Congressional and White House staffer wear a bracelet with the message WWGD: What would Gabby Do?

Do I agree with every position that Gabrielle Giffords took? Of course not. But from what I can see, every action she took as a Congresswoman was taken with the goal of furthering the interests of her constituents, balanced against the interests of the country. In my view, too few of our elected representatives take this approach.

We need to change that.

No comments: