To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Alcoholic Alert!!!

"I am beginning to find that there is a new mental disease, for want of a better word I shall dub it alcohophobia. Usually it is most prevalent in reformed or reforming alcoholics.  And by their very nature this is a very bitter and angry group and their sole objective seems to be to spoil everyone else's fun. They know alcohol in any form to be a poison, but us normal people who have the odd beer know it as a social lubricant which is generally fun.  So get off our backs and let us have our beer garden!"
Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2011/05/25/1663347/city-to-try-festival-beer-garden.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1NTQ7XM8R
I quote:  Alcoholics Anonymous, Tradition 10 -  Alcoholics Anonymous has no opinion on outside issues; hence the A.A. name ought never be drawn into public controversy.

I didn't paste the name of the numbnuts that posted the above comment in The Daily O.  Basically, because he or she is full of shit.  People in recovery or "recovered" (as I prefer) have no business nor issue with other people that choose to drink. If there is anyone that is on the prohibition bandwagon in today's society, it is the religious and those that think religion is the answer to their problem of being a drunken asshole.  Ultimately, they become "dry" and fear the wrath of their religion so they run around trying to change the world around them, as opposed to just "live and let live".

I have known over 8,000 days of continued sobriety and could give a shit less who drinks, as long as they don't park their car near my life or my loved ones.

To our commenting complainer.....I suggest.....If you can't have fun without alcohol, you might want to consider your priorities.  I remember when I couldn't have fun without alcohol....but I was an alcoholic and we know that you are not.....right?

1 comment:

Anonymous98507 said...

I have no problem with outing this numbnuts-- he/she uses the label "bigglyrich". I think that bigglyrich is obviously the "bitter and angry" one here and falls into the category of those who secretly are members of the group they're decrying.