To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Saturday, May 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish

The good news: After fourteen months of searching, I have finally found meaningful employment.

The bad news: The new job is 3,000 miles away.

So, the Spinnaker Cross-Country Road Show starts tomorrow morning, with seven days of adventure before I arrive in New England. But not to worry; I'll still stop by ThurstonBlog from time to time, mostly to make sure you're all keeping the assholes in check. And also in case I need bail money.

My thanks to all of you for not taking life (or yourselves) too seriously, and for making the journey enjoyable.

8 comments:

Anonymous98507 said...

Hey, good luck and have a safe journey! We'll count on you checking in to let us know how NE commenters compare with us here in the Wild Wild Northwest.

Kardnos said...

Well.....you'll be closer than you were for awhile.

I'll just look at the photo from NE that you took and imagine you standing in the middle.

Stay in touch!

LostOnAnIsland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LostOnAnIsland said...

take #2

Have a safe journey.

Always remember that home is
where you log in.

sidrat38 said...

Good luck, Spinn..We'll miss you around here..

a real winer said...

First, congratulations on finding meaningful employment. That is a worthy goal to strive for and a blessing to achieve.

Second, I've appreciated your unique perspective and hope you will continue to contribute here. Who knows what flavor of craziness you may find in your new locale, but be assured craziness exists everywhere, so feel free to share what you find.

Finally, I will bestow my family's traditional journey blessing which is simply this: May you have an uneventful trip.

Anon_the_Great said...

Congrats and have a safe rip. I mean trip.

xyzzy said...

Congratulations Spinnaker. Glad you found a good job and hopes all works out well for you. I'll miss the voice of sanity you've provided. Hope you find time to check in from time to time.