To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Thursday, February 18, 2010

LTE comments deleted again

Once again the predators are flagging comments and getting them deleted. Must give them a huge rush to do that...... I wish the Olympian mods wouldn't give them that opportunity, though. They need to be more careful about choosing which comments to delete. If it's an abusive comment, then by all means it should be deleted, but expressions of opinion should NOT be deleted!

3 comments:

Kardnos said...

I learned today that if I'm not "signed in" I can't see my own comments made earlier.

I sent an email to Lui Long (cc the publisher) and had to retract that I thought people were deleting comments.

Anonymous98507 said...

Do you mean on your "Persona" page or on the comments pages? I know that if we aren't signed in, we won't see our own posts on either the "Persona"
page or the comments pages.

I'm signed in 99% of the time, so that doesn't affect what I'm seeing/not seeing. Recently, it's mostly other posters' comments that are missing-- not my own comments. As I pointed out yesterday, subsequent comments quote parts of previous comments that simply are not there any more to be read! In addition, if there are no missing comments, each page of comments will have 10 posts; when there are fewer than 10 posts, some have been deleted!

Kardnos said...

Oh...there is no question that comments are being deleted. I think there is a phone in campaign.