To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Saturday, February 27, 2010

You can't always get what you want...

Infamous words coming from Senator Can'ter, the minority whip when speaking at the Health Care Summit on Thursday.
The way he was talking, you'd think it about some folks not having a flat screen TV on their wall, or a shiny BMW in their garage. No Senator, we're talking about a quality of life as free from untreated illness as possible. And what that means is having THE ABILITY TO GET PROPER MEDICAL CARE.
Have we, as a nation, sunk to the level of depravity that some think that only a portion of our population is somehow entitled to proper medical care, and fuck the rest. I just don't get it!
And why is our President trying so hard to appease the Republican minority whilst leaving his majority to pray that this gutless senate bill might get passed with a Public Option voted in under reconciliation. Health care reform is change I want to believe in, but at the end of the day, with out a strong public option what kind of change will we be getting?

Please my progressive minded friends, please talk me down on this one, cause Ive been really pissed for a few days now.

Ahhhh, ventings a good thing!

8 comments:

Anonymous98507 said...

sparkle, it's good to have you back, venting and all! :-)

sparkle said...

Thanks 98507, this time of year is really busy for me, and I have to triage my time, but I've missed you all!

Anonymous98507 said...

Since you mention "time of year", I'm guessing you're in the tax preparation business? If so, I bet you give thanks to the IRS for steady employment! LOL

sparkle said...

Actually no, it is my daughters competition season, she is a gymnast, and her meets take us all over the place. I am working on my taxes today though, Schedule C, the paperwork sucks!!

Anonymous98507 said...

Sounds like fun..... probably more fun than doing taxes. LOL However, we've been using TurboTax for several years, and it's very easy to just plug in the numbers and it quickly figures it all. Then you just sign off and send it away. The biggest thing is to remember throughout the year to keep all the paperwork in one place. :-)

Kardnos said...

I've used Turbo Tax and it worked great. Tax Act screwed up my taxes and I could have qualified for Obama's cabinet.

It dumped all our income on my schedule C and had me owing $12,000

After corrections, the IRS owed me $700.

sparkle said...

we've used turbo tax for years, and Quick Books as well. I hate intuit though, If you don't have the most recent version of Quick Books, which we no longer do, then you have to manually plug in the numbers off the annual reports, otherwise it does it automatically. Ain't tax season grand! With the down ecomony were probably looking at a return this year though, good insentive to get them done!

Anonymous98507 said...

Both of us are retired, and with all the huge medical and other deductions, every year TurboTax says it's a wash-- we don't owe and aren't owed anything. Suits us fine!