To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I lost a friend today,,,

A little sidrat101 history...

Back in the early 80's,, I was living in Blackpool, England. I met a lovely man named John Nathan-Turner. He was the producer of a little show known as "Doctor Who". He was the one that gave me my 'nick (unbeknownst to me at the time...)

Anywho, he introduced me to a lot of wonderful people who worked on the show (Tom Baker, Llala Ward...but I digress)

One of the people I met was a real character named Nicholas Courtney..He played the part of Brigadier Gordon Alistair Lethbridge-Stuart..

He passed away today...

I'm gonna miss him...

Anyway, just had to vent

7 comments:

Anonymous98507 said...

So sorry to hear that, sidrat... There's a nice obit for him at Nicholas Courtney 1929-2011

Kardnos said...

You came to the right place to vent, sidrat.

Our thoughts are with you during your grief

Anon_the_Great said...

My condolences sidrat

Spinnaker said...

Sorry for your loss, Sidrat. Larry is right -- there are lots of people here for you.

sidrat38 said...

Yeah, I know...it was just kind of a shock when I heard..

Nick was just one of those guys that if you looked up the word "charming" in the dictionary, his picture would be there...

a real winer said...

Sorry to hear the sad news, sidrat, it is so hard to lose people we care about.

Thanks to Anon for posting the link, so we can see what a remarkable person he was.

sidrat38 said...

Nick was just an incredible person...

I wish you guys had a chance to meet him