To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nice work, Spinnakr!

 whatsthestoryrory 
As a state worker, I can attest to the ridiculous amounts of money some employees make. I would like to think that I am worth what I get paid since I work in the fraud portion and for lack of a better word, make criminals pay or else. I am NOT a fan of the union. I do not like being referred to as a collective. I am not a Borg. I am one person who does the best job possible and far exceeds the expectations set forth to me on a quarterly and monthly basis. On a personal level, I deserve what I make. On a business level, I make less than what I would make in a private sector (some of you think that is a weak argument, but not in this case. If I lived up north, then yes, I'd be working for a private sector company making more money. The southend is my home, the quality of life is too good to pass up, so I will stay with the state as long as possible). But I told the union to essentially kiss my ass about a month ago. I haven't been paying them for two pay periods now. I am in the process of having my dues go towards a charity (of course, the Union bullies you into their 5 choices of charity) I have my reasons which are of a deeply held religious belief. I recently had a colleague say to me, "you ought to be ashamed of yourself! The union fought for the wage you currently make." I say, 'great. but I've followed the unions money trail and I have found that my union supports public office candidates who are in no way supportive of my beliefs whatsoever.' She said, "well, you can at least join in on the conservative side of the union and voice my opinion." No thanks. I'll just practice my rights and give your union the finger and have my monies go to an organization that will at least help children in need rather than help support FAT UNION CATS.
 spinnakr
How long have you worked for the state? I find it interesting that only now are your "deeply held religious beliefs" making you take a stand. From what you've said, I can only conclude that you were a hypocrite up until your last two pay periods.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2011/02/26/1558277/dueling-collective-bargaining.html#disqus_thread#ixzz1FAmUocoQ

Larry's note - Whatsthestoryrory's philosophy can be summed up in a few words "I. Me, Mine". 

I want to know more about this religion that "gives the finger" and tells people to "kiss my ass".  Might be "right up my alley".

1 comment:

Spinnaker said...

It just seemed so ... obvious.