To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Friday, August 6, 2010

Gregoire could teach Palin a thing or two!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Gov. Chris Gregoire said Friday she's considering pulling herself out of contention to replace Elena Kagan as the solicitor general, and may decide over the weekend. ...

... on Friday, Gregoire said, "I really can't think of a worse time for a governor to leave the state. It has nothing to do with me. Any governor."
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Gov. Chris Gregoire on Friday left the door slightly open to a possible job with President Barack Obama's administration.

Gregoire is reportedly on the shortlist for solicitor general ...

... Gregoire was asked whether she'd leave this Washington for the other one.

"I have had no position offered, I've made no application," said Gregoire, formerly the state's attorney general. "You know, I can't imagine a worst time for a governor to leave the state of Washington than in the middle of this economic crisis. So I'm not applying. I want to stay in the state and continue to do my job. The only caveat I have is I don't know what it's like to have a president turn to you and ask you to serve your country. So that's the only thing that lurks in my mind. But I want to stay put, I want to do the job. I want to get us out of this economic crisis we're in." ...
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2 comments:

Kardnos said...

The difference between Palin and Gregoire -

Gregoire is an attorney that worked her way through the political system to become governor.

Palin won the bathing suit contest.

Anonymous98507 said...

Groaaaannnnnnnn.........

Good one, though, Larry. LOLOLOL
.