To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Zylus reads ThurstonBlog...as if we didn't know...

For you Larry...
This is what Larry wrote about my bio...From Thurstonblog, May 24, 2010 @ 12:08 AM

First a math lesson for the wannabe CPA - you're 40 and you spent 4 years in the military, and 10 years working at your manufacturing job. That leaves 26. So who did you mooch off from 18 to 26? Mommy and Daddy? I worked 34 hours a week while I attended college, as did 22 other guys that worked along side me. Some were Viet Nam vets, but they had families to raise so they worked while the GI bill paid their tuition.You're getting a college education because FDR signed a bill. You bitch about the Stimulus Bill, but basically, without government funding, you'd be up the creek without a paddle. The Conservatives reward companies that outsource jobs overseas (like what happened to you).You are one more in a collection of ass-backwards people that vote against your own best interest. Luckily, you can be a 40 year old schoolboy. The rest of us work and pay taxes so that you can have GI benefits.There's Lesson #1. They'll get tougher as it goes along. Since you like to start shit, let's see how you handle this. Posted by Larry

From 18 to 21, I lived with my mom and worked as a busboy. When I was 21, I joined the Navy and got an honorable discharge at the age of 25. At the age of 26, I found a job working in a manufacturing plant. I got married at 28 and had a beautiful daughter, too. I lost my job at the age of 36. I cashed out my 401K and have been living off of it. My wife has a good paying job. I realized at the age of 37 that most manufacturing jobs in this area are gone. At the age of 38, I went back to college because nowadays, you need a degree to get a job. I will be getting my ATA in Accounting next year. Oh, I almost forgot, I can not collect on the GI Bill because it expires after ten years. I would have been 35 then. I am paying for college myself though my 401K money.And thanks for reading olympiabloggers, Larry!


Larry's note - That's some 401K to have enough to pay for two years of college and be "living off it". I had a 401K that I had contributed up to 15% of my wages (3% was matched by the company) invested in Fidelity Magellen. I cashed in in 2003 and got about $10K (took a slight bath after 9/11) to pay off debts whose interest was costing me more than the money I was earning in the market. What you appear to have left off was the unemployment that you qualified for after your job was outsourced. (Thanks to the Democrats) Of course, being that you never use the government programs of which you qualify, I guess your wife's good job took care of things. I wonder, since the largest employer in this area of good paying jobs is The State of Washington ........ oh...nevermind, you wouldn't get it anyway.

By the way, Zylus, according to the VA, there may be an exclusion to the 10 year rule. You have to ask. You'll also be happy to know that if you apply for an job with civil service testing, you get preferential treatment as a vet.....sort of like Affirmative Action


Now I know you have a little resentment with me, but I'm going to remind you that you started this shit with your false accusations of me "living off the taxpayers". I just thought I'd take some of your information and mold it into my interpretation of what could be possible with you.

Fun game, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous98507 said...

Larry, you missed the last bit of his screed:

Zylus: P.S. This was the first and only time I will give you, your five minutes of fame on my site. Your name will not be mentioned by me again.

Wanna make a guess on how fast that promise will be broken? [snort]