To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Change in publication of LTEs

Anybody else spot this?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

'Letters to the editor' will be published as individual stories

The Olympian • Published July 20, 2010


We have decided to publish our "Letters to the editor" as individual stories online starting August 1st. This move will improve our search engine ranking on Google and Yahoo, but also keeps all comments connected directly to the individual letters.


Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/07/20/1310341/letters-to-the-editor-will-be.html?mi_pluck_action=comment_submitted&qwxq=3843429#Comments_Container#ixzz0uLlL6rwp
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

8 comments:

sparkle said...

They think they will get MORE hits?! Oh well.

Anonymous98507 said...

What a bunch of foolishness.... all it means is that instead of one continuous thread of comments to monitor they will have as many threads to watch as there are LTEs! LOLOL
.

sparkle said...

Not one rocket scientist amongst them!

Anon_the_Great said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anon_the_Great said...

That's great the Olympian is seeking to monetize content they currently get for free. Does this mean they will share income generated by my LTE? No? Well I'm shocked by this display of greed. Actually, not that much. Disgusted? Yes. Surprised? Sadly no.

See, I've already had this conversation with an Olympian droog who after reading my stuff over at Olyblog solicited me to write for their Community Garden. When I asked how much they would pay me for providing hyperlocal content to the Daily Zip, the droog acted all offended by my question. How dare a literate, college educated and long time resident of Olympia ask to be compensated for contributing to the profitability of a commercial enterprise. You'd think I'd asked to have carnal relations with his wife, daughter and dog simultaneously.
(I made that part about his wife, dog, and daughter up. The Zip didn't pay that intern enough to have any of that shit.)

This is all about hit counts and nothing more. I'm reminded of how George LeMasuier told us all a couple months back how a physically smaller paper with less column inches was a good thing.

Send LTE's w/ copyright bugs to the Zip and see what happens.

Dear Sirs,
IV is a sniveling piece of shit who lusts after my friend Sidrat. Now that may not be strictly true but print this and I bet you'll get a lot of hits.

Sincerely,

Sondrak's Newest Puppet

sidrat38 said...

How come I keep getting dragged into everyone's posts????

Hehehehheheh

(It's nice to be loved, I guess....)

sidrat38 said...

(And ATG..I think you're right....)

Why else would IV post so much about me??????

I mean, I know I'm cute and all, but GEEZ IV...could you BE any more obvious?????

Kardnos said...

I've given up on newspapers, although the TNT amazingly has improved over recent years.

The lead national story about the USDA employee proves what a shitty job journalist do in today's media. The only ones with a shred of credibility are those who are taking some of the blame for letting Brietbart get by on this - Olberman, Maddow, Schultz and a few others.

Schultz wants Brietbart's head on a platter.

I agree.