To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Monday, July 19, 2010

Glenn Beck Going Blind?


Now we have an honest-to-goodness doctor's opinion that it's true! LOLOL


His devoted following may be blinded by the hype, but Glenn Beck may actually be going blind.

The Fox News host said he is losing his sight, in a surprising admission while addressing a crowd in Salt Lake City on Saturday.

Beck, 46, revealed he’s been diagnosed with macular dystrophy, “a genetic eye disorder that can cause progressive vision loss.”

During his speech, Beck told the audience, “I can’t focus my eyes.”

“A couple of weeks ago I went to the doctor,” Beck explained, “and he said, ‘you have macular dystrophy,” to which Beck reportedly joked, “Is that the Jerry Lewis thing?”

He also quipped about his prognosis, saying the doctor told him, “You could go blind in the next year. Or … you might not.’”

Taking the opportunity to knock the health care reform while he was at it, Beck said, “I went to the best doctor I could find, while I could still go to the best doctor I can find.”

Beck made the announcement in front of roughly 6,000 people during a stop on his ‘American Revival’ tour.

10 comments:

LostOnAnIsland said...

Deuteronomy 23:1
"If a man's testicles are crushed, or his penis cut off, he may not be included in the assembly of the Lord."

Oh, this doesn't have anything to do with that radio hack but it's sure more entertaining.

Anonymous98507 said...

ROTFLMAO!!
.

Anon_the_Great said...

Can I poke his weep holes out? Oh please God let me poke his holes out.

Suck me IV

Anonymous98507 said...

I repeat:
ROTFLMAO!!
.

Kardnos said...

98507 -

I thought I left this place in qualified hands while I was gone.

"suck me IV"????????

I'm.......thrilled at the new direction of ThurstonBlog!!!

Kardnos said...

Didn't mom tell Glenn that would make him go blind?

Anonymous98507 said...

Hey, Larry, discourse here was on a higher plane than in the Zero's comments, so I just let 'em have at it. :-)
.

Anon_the_Great said...

My Bad. What I meant to write was
"Suck me IV you hate filled God Boy and I'll show you what it really means to cum into the freakin light!

I will try to be more precise in the future.

PS Lakefair rocked!!!!

Kardnos said...

radec wrote on 07/19/2010 10:05:41 PM:
Some people actually think it's funny to make fun of a man who could be going blind. And they wonder why they can't get more people interested.


HarryC wrote on 07/19/2010 10:13:40 PM:
Keep those cards and letters coming.

I remember when one of the televangelists pulled the "if you don't give me X dollars, God is going to take me home"

Macular disorders are correctable, so say the folks at Claris Eye Centers.

Glenn needs to save the drama for the rubes.

Actually, Beck made fun of his own condition, and got a slap at Jerry Lewis's cause in the meanwhile.

About two years ago, some people on this forum applauded the stroke of another reader. Save your boo-hoos

sparkle said...

redac / glenn?