To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Check out those crickets!!!!

If you look at the table of contents, you'll see that our number of posts for January 2010 has exceeded the number of posts for 2009 (October, November, December, I think)

The crickets are chirping like mad!!! Keep it up.

This is your community blog. I'd really love to see more input from writers and we can even take up topics other than The Olympian LTEs (although the humor is just too priceless to pass up).

Thanks to all that are participating and thanks to those reading that aren't posting. Everyone counts on ThurstonBlog.

FYI - I started this blog in 2007 and lost interest. I gained interest again for two reasons - (1) The Olympian started shutting down their forum for abuse, so I wanted us to have a place to go and (2) SondraK took delight in shoving it in my face that there was no traffic on ThurstonBlog.

Since SondraK.com has been operating since 2005 (or before) and has joined networks of Conservative blogs that promote each other for the sake of mutual mental masturbation, I would expect her traffic to be much more than it is. Just for fun, take a look at her list of contributors and you'll notice a half dozen regulars and then a random list of commenters. I'm pretty proud of what we've done on our own with no promotion, other than local word of mouth.

I have no desire to promote ThurstonBlog outside the immediate market. That was the original thought when I started playing with this in 2007. I'm not worried about "winning awards" or "hit counts", as I'm not selling advertising. What I do care about is a blogging community that is fun, and at times provocative and educational.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

3 comments:

sparkle said...

I LOVE the sound of crickets chirping, kind of like the sound of a cat purring!

sidrat38 said...

Chirp! Chirp!

The sound of a happy cricket

LostOnAnIsland said...

the sound of freedom
without mommy's cencorship
the crickets chirping