To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Saturday, January 16, 2010

Right Wing Lies

Achmed wrote on 01/16/2010 11:40:56 AM:
Happened to catch Danny Glover's comments on Haiti's earthquake being caused by global warming and the failed climate summit in Copenhagen. Since Danny's so sure this is the earth's retribution, and since he is such a devout and humble servant of the left, why is he sitting safely doing a television interview when he could be on the scene saving lives, if not the planet? Guess the TV exposure is better than putting himself at risk. What a brave-hearted liberal is he!

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100022430/haiti-disaster-caused-by-failure-of-copenhagen-summit-says-actor-danny-glover/

http://www.prisonplanet.com/actor-danny-glover-blames-haitian-earthquake-on-global-warming.html

Now....there are two looks at the same exact video. Watch the dialog between Achmed and newcomer "FranklyFrank":

Achmed wrote on 01/16/2010 12:09:59 PM:
Wrong starting at 1:50 in the video... "What happened in Haiti could happen anywhere in the Caribbean because all these island nations are in peril because of global warming.”http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100022430/haiti-disaster-caused-by-failure-of-copenhagen-summit-says-actor-danny-glover/What happened in Haiti? An earthquake, so he did say that. Nice try though "FranklyFrank".And no Wally's Pal, there is not a big difference. Notice I never defended what Pat Robertson said. But as expected you lefties are jumping to defend an equally stupid comment from an activist on the left. So predictable that I can set my watch by it.



Achmed wrote on 01/16/2010 12:13:18 PM:
Oh, "FranklyFrank" Googled it!!! LOL, I provided the actual video, watch for yourself. Unless you want to believe the fair and balanced Huffpo.


FranklyFrank wrote on 01/16/2010 12:14:24 PM:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/actor-danny-glover-blames-haitian-earthquake-on-global-warming.htmlWrong "Achmed".


FranklyFrank wrote on 01/16/2010 12:15:13 PM:
I don't think prisonplanet will pass for huffpo


Achmed wrote on 01/16/2010 12:16:31 PM:
Another quote from the video"the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m saying? We have to act now!” So what happened? An earthquake. So not acting in Copenhagen caused the earthquake. Why? Because we failed to do anything about global warming which in Danny Glover's mind causes earthquakes. You can try to spin it any way you like, his words are his words.


Achmed wrote on 01/16/2010 12:17:38 PM:
Again, I provided the actual video. Keep trying Larry


FranklyFrank wrote on 01/16/2010 12:20:00 PM:
I just viewed both sites, the one I provided and the one Achmed provided. The video is identical.Why make something up?Who is this Larry everyone seems to be fixated with?


Now...as anyone can see, if you just take a moment to watch the video, as I did, and others did, Glover's statement is so terribly misquoted, the media should be embarrassed. But in MY research, I found that the only people grasping on this are still saying Obama was born in Kenya.

More importantly.....how did MY NAME enter into this????????

Achmed is so obsessed about making sure that I'm her problem that I've now become everyone, other than me.

Of course....I'm the one that is causing a problem on the comments thread. I already exposed myself briefly, but the moderator pulled the comment because I referenced ThurstonBlog (I guess, in OlympianSpeak, you can reference any site you want except Thurstonblog)

LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!

ReasonedDiscussion wrote on 01/16/2010 01:01:49 PM:
I went directly to the GRITtv site and watched the clip. Sure enough, Mr Glover was referring to the devastation caused by disasters, natural or anthropogenic. Earthquakes, floods, storms, sea level rise, you name it, the Caribbean nations are vulnerable, especially the really poor ones like Haiti.


Looks like Frankly Frank, me and Reasoned agree.

No comments: