To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Friday, September 17, 2010

Tammy's "promotion"

Well, well, well, I just noticed that Ms. McGee got a "promotion"! I'll leave it to you to decide whether it was deserved.....
bwahahahahahaha

*******************************************************
Fire destroys Lacey home, damages duplex
Power lines complicate fight: Residents safe; firefighter treated
TAMMY MCGEE; Staff writer | • Published September 16, 2010

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/09/16/1371285/fire-destroys-lacey-home-damages.html#ixzz0zobB5gER

~*~

Shelton woman, 72, killed in one-car crash
Tammy McGee, staff writer | • Published September 02, 2010

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/09/02/1355661/shelton-woman-72-killed-in-one.html#ixzz0zocEZ9fw

~*~

Body identified as that of missing Morton teen
Tammy McGee, staff writer | • Published August 21, 2010

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/08/21/1342832/body-identified-as-that-of-missing.html#ixzz0zocTeC9h

~*~

We're proud of our website and want your feedback
• Published May 30, 2010

“... help from news assistant Tammy McGee ...”

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/05/30/1255350/were-proud-of-our-website-and.html#ixzz0zocky45c

~*~

The Olympian wins SPJ award
THE OLYMPIAN | • Published May 26, 2010

“... news assistant Tammy McGee, who updates breaking news to the site in the morning. ...”

NOW WE KNOW WHY THE “BREAKING NEWS” ITEMS ARE SO POORLY WRITTEN!!!

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/05/26/1250623/the-olympian-wins-spj-award.html#ixzz0zodJlNO8
*******************************************************

7 comments:

Kardnos said...

News Assistant?????

Oh my god!

Well, I guess it pays the bills.

I think that is what Jimmy Olson was in the Superman comics

Kardnos said...

Oh wait....

I remember from my old days in newspaper (actually prior to me, but the old guys used to say it)

CUB REPORTER.

My friend John was the "News Assistant" at the Tacoma News Tribune, when we worked there as kids in the 1970s. One of his most important jobs was picking up the mail at the post office.

At least I got to deliver advertising proofs to customers...

Anon_the_Great said...

Tammy McGee can barely string together a coherent sentence. Her Hot Flashes column is garbage. I wonder how little she has agreed to work for. Wouldn't be surprised of she was an independent contractor making less than minimum wage.

It it time this miserable excuse for a paper die and take the foul Mike Oakland with it.

Kardnos said...

Well, Anon, if you look at my blog today, you'll see my analysis.

I've spent a fair amount of time on The News Tribune today and I can proudly say "I once worked there". They've had their ups and downs, but their product looks and reads good.

For people like me that enjoy politics and national sports, they have created the product.

I'm suggesting that corporately, the edict is to improve the TNT and let The O die, thus having a perfect case with the FTC for a single product.

Anonymous98507 said...

Larry, have you been reading the stuff written by the Trib's sports reporters? They don't write very well in the first place and obviously don't do any proofreading before submitting anything. Boling in particular is bad-- not long ago he used the word "gentile" instead of "genteel"!! McGrath isn't much better, and don't get me started on Todd Milles.... he shouldn't be allowed to write one sentence about motorsports!
.

Kardnos said...

I today's age of electronic publish, I'm thinking they avoid paying proofreaders.

Reporters are supposed to make mistakes, grammatically. There job is to dig up the facts.

Anonymous98507 said...

Larry wrote, Reporters are supposed to make mistakes, grammatically. There job is to dig up the facts.

If that's the case, all the local McClatchy reporters better be glad I don't have enough money to buy the Zero and the Trib because they'd be out the door so fast no dust would arise! Many of them aren't even good at digging up facts, let alone able to write. Grrrrr........
.