To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Saturday, December 12, 2009

Can't sleep at night....

Hey....there is a lyric somewhere in that headline.

The shoulder has prevented me from getting a complete straight 8 for about a month and a half. Usually, I pick an old movie to put me back to sleep.....

Frick and Frack (which I think is Frick and Frick) got their panties in a wad over my bogus post that contained a sentence from an email with an Olympian staffer.

Let me state, as if I have to, the Olympian staffers, whether I agree with them or not on an issue, are just regular people trying to get a job done. There is an extraordinary asswipe (or more) that are purposefully trying to destroy the comments thread for the LTEs, in addition to making me their vendetta.

Well, there was an unfortunate incident concerning a lie about my recent separation from BBBS, so I had to have conversation with them - not only for my own face in the community, but for the face of BBBS. The comment needed to come down and others that were trying to feed the fire (Red Foreman) needed to be cautioned that this was a serious matter of legal circumstances.

I felt that the moderator was due a "thanks" and support from THIS reader for the effort he/she was putting forth in trying to clean up the thread. No sooner did I get a response email and Frick, Frack or Fruck (name of the day) is using my personal picture for an avatar. (as Mark Wood is aware, I'm not fond of that and my publicity photos are copywritten). Call me names, play silly games, but don't fuck with my public image.

So I emailed the staffer back to advise of this violation and the sentence "I deleted most of his comments on the 10 LTEs. I know who he is, he is a consistent abuser who gets blocked and comes back with a new identity" now comes to play. Frick/Frack are trying to turn this into a "Larry controls The Olympian" conspiracy.....LOL (hey...just give me a job, I don't have to run the place.....LMAO).

Now, you have to have a pretty goddamned vivid imagination (or a lot of drugs) to think that I can control The Olympian. It's almost comical, if not for how tragic it can be. I do know The Olympian is just about to close the thread permanently if the bullshit doesn't quit. They have much more to do than just sit around and play games with assholes trying to agitate others with THEIR media website.

For those that enjoy The Olympian's LTE thread, I suggest sending an email of support and an attempt to help them control the thread, otherwise there will be no thread. I saw the entire interactive media system at The Chronicle shut down due to abuse, so don't think it won't happen.

It's really kind of nice to have a forum for exchange, lets try to not screw it up.

5 comments:

Anonymous98507 said...

You're right, Larry. We do owe the Olympian's staff a message of thanks for dealing with the "asswipe" and its sock puppets. I for one will be happy to diligently report the transgressors when they step over the line.

Anon_the_Great said...

The simple solution is for the Olympian to enforce their own guidelines. The O should err on the side of digressing, off topic free speech but when abby and ernie blather back and forth for 14 comments spinning conspiracy theories they need to prune the thread of their rotten fruit immediately.

I have two theories as to why a pair of mental deficients are allowed to run amok.

1. The Olympian does not dedicate adequate resources to moderation.

2. Controversy drives traffic.

I suppose the best tactic is to ignore the idiots.

Kardnos said...

"Controversy drives traffic"

From my media days....trust me, you don't need the "traffic" that bad. (sort of what I told Mark Wood about "increasing my traffic")

Right now, if I understand, they feel they are spending too much "resources" on moderation and it would be less expensive to shut down

Anonymous98507 said...

If they shut down the LTE comments, there won't be much incentive for me at least to spend much time on their website, and we all know that "eyeballs" seeing the ads is important. (Heck, I'll even start clicking on ads more than I do now if that will make the point!)

Also, maybe the O should look to see if there's another comments program besides Pluck that takes less moderation.

Eric said...

Just wanted to see if I could post a comment.