To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sweet Dreams for today.....

I had a great conversation with The Olympian Moderator yesterday (12/1).

A true gentleman all the way. I asked why a particular post of mine was "hidden for review". He replied that it wasn't in context with the letters of the day (LTE). It was a post about the Newsweek article on Sarah Palin and admittedly, no one had written a letter about Sarah Palin.

He told me that the forum was out of control - in particular saying that with over 300 posts two-thirds of them had nothing to do with the letters to the editor. I mentioned that a certain poster, of many names, had been copying and pasting viciously from Right Wing blogs. He agreed and said that was why he was taking action with my comment - to demonstrate fairness.

He suggested that I start using the complaint link for other posters that were annoying -to which I said "No, that's your job. You don't need me telling you how to run the website, but thanks just the same"

We bid each other a kind goodbye.

Frankly, I didn't think that, based on our conversation, The O would pull the plug as they did today. He didn't really seem that upset.

Well, as I see it, those of us that wish to have dialog, can do so right here, and those that want to bitch at us, will have to hold their breath and stomp their feet.

G'nite

2 comments:

Anon_the_Great said...

And the LTE comments are down again.

Kardnos said...

I notice that the comments are shut down again....

Well...Thurstonblog is open for business