To Participate on Thurstonblog

email yyyyyyyyyy58@gmail.com, provide profile information and we'll email your electronic membership


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Place to Discuss

Since The Olympian has had to shut down their comments thread on the LTE section, in order to control those who want to ruin the dialog, I'll try opening this blog again so that we can have a place for discussion.

I will do everything in my power to control the users of this forum in order that it not run the same route as LTE did. That being said, I don't mind disagreements, but if I see that someone is attempting to use this forum as their playground, I'll block them in a heartbeat.

Today's topic is open to national or local politics.

Pass the word to those whom you can trust to act like adults.


WELL....that didn't take long....one of the regular disrupters on The Olympian has already tried me. You'll note they are missing.

From this point forward, you'll have to register.

To answer a couple of questions -

To: Anon - I expect a few heated discussions. I'll try to let people work through their own issues. Obvious troublemakers will get the boot. I'm not worried about a little profanity - we are adults - but let's be somewhat reasonable.

To: Goth - Well, you can try me out on your question about disagreements. I like a good arguement at times, but I unabashedly state, this is MY blog. If you don't like it, don't come here.

To: MarkWood - nice knowing you....adios....try SondraK.com

10 comments:

Anonymous98507 said...

Thanks, Larry, for taking this step.

Are you going to follow the Olympian's rules for posting?
"To our readers: We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part - and abiding by these simple rules. Please keep all comments in context with the articles presented."

Thanks again,
Anonymous98507
(aka Anonymous98501)

Gothguy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kardnos said...

Congratulations to Mark Wood!

Less than one hour.

Anon_the_Great said...

Hello all. As I wrote Larry I both love and loath the Zero's LTE. I engaged in the bloodsport because I am compelled to object to right wing moon battery. I suspect the Zip will re-open the LTE zoo because it draws so much traffic.
I intend to primarily use this space as a forum to foster meta-commentary on the Zip much like an ombudsman might.

Anyway, a hardy thanks to Larry for having us. I look forward to reading and thinking here.

Kardnos said...

Well, as can be expected mark wood and gothguy (a name never used on the LTE thread...now WHO would use a new name?) have already demonstrated the typical behavior. I know who kept track of this old blog name, otherwise the only people are who I released it to today. The beauty of this is that I own no one a damned thing. Thus we don't have to put up with bullshit for very long

Sorry for having to register comments, but I'll guarantee you, most will get published.

Anon The Great - nice to have you!

Kardnos said...

Nice seeing you Goth Guy.

Enjoyed your avatar.

The feeling is mutual.

Chuck from Tacoma said...

What the hell did you do? You whine and snivel because you don't like somebody else's moronic comment? You can't really believe that the idiotic crap that you spew day after day, thread after thread has any more validity to it then the other posters.
Larry, get your head out of your ass. You are the kind of twit that brings out the worst in anybody.
If you would stay off LTE for a month or two, civility would certainly return naturally.
Chuck from Tacoma

Kardnos said...

Hey Chuck! Welcome to my world!

I see that I mean so little to you that you had to get my site address from Wood/Sondra and spew.

I'm going to share your post with everyone.

For awhile....LOL

Anonymous98507 said...

Larry, can we start new threads, or are you the only one who can do that?

I'd like to discuss the death penalty LTE to get a sense of the range of opinions here. Personally, I'm conflicted about it. If it's an iron-clad case like Clemmons, then legally off the sucker UNLESS we have proof positive that if he's imprisoned he can never get out again. However, what if it isn't open-shut? What if it's possible that the legal machine is wrong and the offender isn't really guilty?

Comments?